CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ravelry Meet-Up

One week ago a friend and I headed to San Francisco for a day of knitting. We drove to Fremont and took Bart (the train) from there - for maximum knitting time! Once in the city we met up with  a couple of hundred other knitters and just enjoyed each others company. There was a potluck and we even received a complimentary hand massage!

I had finished my new shawl,  Traveling Woman the Thursday before the Meet-Up and as you can see I wore it proudly! Proudly,  because this is the first project I have knitted from yarn that I have spun myself.
This is what the yarn looked like
I spun it from two different colors, one 100% merino coral color and the other a fuchsia colored merino/tencel blend. I call it Pink Audition because I picked up the roving in Solveng on the way to one of Kajsa's college auditions.

0 comments: