CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finally Spinning!

I'm spinning yarn not knots! The result is a little bit uneven (thin/thick) but not too bad if I may say so myself. I have ordered some dark Coopworth roving from Paradise Fibers , but it is taking forever getting here (not really - I'm just inpatient) so today I couldn't wait any longer and I went to Yarndogs (local yarn store) and bought 2 oz of light colored Corriedale roving. So far I have spun half of it into a one-ply yarn. Once I'm done with the other half I'm planning on attempting to spin it into a two-ply yarn. I'll post a picture then if I succeed.  Luckily I'm home alone tonight (the older kids are camping and Phil and Conrad are watching the Cal game at grandma's and grandpa's house) so I should be able to get some uninterrupted spinning done. Back to spinning!

0 comments: